Brightview and Walden Woods, Inc. have a summer season contract. Below is a description of the services Brightview provides. The services are shown by Conservancy and Council. The Conservancy is shown first followed by the Village, the Ridge, Duplex and Town Home. Example: C V R D T .
The dates shown for each service are targets. The dates can vary due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Please read all the notes at the bottom to get a complete picture.
The services do not apply to the limited common elements of the Ridge or the Village. The Ridge areas included are the entrance walls and beds, the private roads, the mail box and three small island areas.
1. Spring Clean Up: C V R D T April, Spring clean up is the removal of the snow markers, the repair of damaged areas, and clean up of debris.
2. Pavement Sweeping: C V R D T April. Sweeping is done as needed and done only on the private roads.
3. Weekly Service: C V R D T April - October. Weekly service includes the mowing and weed spraying of walks as needed.
4. Edging Walkways: C V D T June & October. This is edging of sidewalks and unit walks.
5. Edging Shrub Beds: C V R D T June. This is edging of the established shrub beds prior to mulching.
6. Bed Weed Prevention: C V R D T April & July. This is application of weed prevention material.
7. Shrub Pruning: C V R D T June for the spring flowering shrubs & evergreens. September or October for the fall blooming shrubs & evergreens.
8. Lawn Care April: C V R D T Crab Grass Pre-emergent, Fertilizer.
9. Lawn Care May: D T Crab Grass Pre-emergent. This second application will continue until these newer lawns are more established.
10. Lawn Care June: C V R D T Broad Leaf Prevention, Merit Grub Control, Fertilizer.
11. Lawn Care July: C V R D T Crab Grass Post-emergent.
12. Lawn Care August: C V R W D T Broad Leaf Control, Fertilizer.
13. Lawn Care September: C V R D T Broad Leaf Control.
14. Lawn Care October: C V R D T Broad Leaf, Fertilizer, Lime.
15. Lawn Renovation October: C This is 8000 sq. ft. of aeration, liming, over seeding & dead area reseed. The area is selected each year depending on condition. The area is in the Conservancy.
16. Optional Council Soil Care October: Aeration, Lime, and Over seeding is extra that can be quoted to each council.
17. Seasonal Color: C V Spring flowering bulbs, June color, & fall mums at main entrance and Village entrances On the Green and On the Knoll.
18. Ball Field Mowing: C April - November, every other week.
19. Entrance Field Mowing: C Mid summer and late fall.
20. Tennis Court nets: C Up in spring & down in fall. Storage.
21. Little Walden Pond Fountain: C In spring & out in the fall. Storage.
22. Pool Planters: C Spring.
23. Mulch: R D T May or June. Mulch is included in Ridge, Duplex, and Town Home. Mulch is optional and an additional cost outside the contract for Conservancy, Village. The decision is every year or every other year. Three types are quoted: pine bark, hemlock, or cedar.
24. Irrigation System Services: C V D T Open in spring, mid season check in July, close in October. Repairs are an extra cost.
Notes: The contact does not include trees. Russo does not trim, fertilize, cut or replace trees as part of the contract. This work is quoted upon request. Russo does not repair walkways within the contract. This work is quoted upon request. Russo does not remove or replace shrubs as part of the contract. That work is quoted upon request of the Conservancy or the Councils through Elite Property Management.
Questions or comments about the services should always be directed to Elite Property Management. They should not be directed to Brightview or to Brightview employees.